OCFPM, working with our client Limerick Travel, have brought this 12 no bedroom guesthouse accommodation and ancillary buildings from inception to construction stage thus far and will continue to Project Manage the development to completion.
OCFPM, producing the Architectural Design from a brief emphasising a warm boutique style city centre accommodation, procured planning in July of this year.
OCFPM, undertaking the Architectural Design, Assigned Certifier, Commericial Management and Project Management roles, also assembled a multi-disciplined professional team of Malachy Walsh and Partners for the Structural Engineering Design and Mechanical & Electrical Design. The Interior Design aspect of the project is by Tullio Orlandi. JHAC Architects are providing input on the Architectural & Fire Safety aspects also.
The Bedford House Project has a projected program duration of 23 weeks from start to finish.
Brief Description of the project ………….
- Change of use of;
- Existing offices and storage areas located at first, second & third floor levels over existing ground floor retail unit (Limerick Travel) to new guest house accommodation comprising of 12no bedrooms
- Existing WC and storage areas at lower ground floor level, to include provision of new separate dining & lounge room areas, gymnasium, steam room, WC facilities and storage areas to serve the proposed new guest house accommodation
- Section of ground & upper ground floor retail unit to circulation route to serve new guest house accommodation
- Construction of;
- New stairwell & lift shaft to service all floors of new guest house accommodation
- New accessible en-suit bathroom extension at first floor level
- All associated elevational treatments
- Erection of signage and all associated works in accordance with plans and documents submitted
The Bedford will be operated side by side with the existing travel business in Bedford House, 11-12 Bedford Row where Limerick Travel first opened their doors back in 1971.
The new development will target vast customer profile segments varying from corporate market, leisure travellers from oversees and in particularly the Irish home market along with offering attractive online bookable week-end break packages around the Treaty City.
While the development is in the heart of Limerick City the new multi- million river board walk has been a wonderful success which many people enjoy on a daily basis. The residents will be only metres away from this pleasurable circular walk along the river Shannon.
These are exciting times for Limerick with the city scape changing rapidly owning to the vast ‘Limerick 2030’ project generating momentum. Works are progressing in the Hanging Gardens development with the 100m Opera Centre development on the horizon.